Stand up paddlers and other water sports enthusiasts looking for an alternative to traditional life jackets will love the NRS Zephyr Self-Inflating PFD. It’s lightweight, easy to wear and inflates instantly to float you high.
- This lightweight self-inflating PFD provides 15.5 lbs. of flotation and meets U.S. Coast Guard requirements. (See Note below.)
- The compact, adjustable ripstop nylon waist pack stays out of your way for SUP or surfing.
- A simple tug on the cord instantly inflates the PFD with pressurized C02 gas.
- Unlike many other self-inflating life jackets, the flotation chamber stays around your waist.
- Simply rotate the belt until the chamber faces forward, pull the inflation cord and secure the attachment strap over your head.
- A manual mouth valve backs up the CO2-powered inflator.
- The bag’s clear window lets you check the inflation system for readiness.
- This PFD carries the US Coast Guard Certification, through testing by Underwriters Laboratories (UL).
- Includes 16 gram CO2 cartridge. NRS CO2 Re-Arming Kit sold separately.
- If you are flying with your Zepher Inflatable PFD, the Transportation Safety Administration (TSA) says on their website, “You may bring a life vest with up to two CO2 cartridges inside, plus two spare cartridges in your carry-on or checked bag.” Be aware that individual TSA agents may not have read that particular regulation.
Note: This PFD is certified by the US Coast Guard as a Type V PFD. However, it meets Coast Guard requirements for Type III PFDs when it is worn. In other words, you have to have the pouch secured around your waist for it to qualify as a required flotation device.
|Waist Size:||Belt fits waist 27″-50″ (69-127 cm) in circumference|
|US Coast Guard Type:||Type V, meets Coast Guard requirement for a Type III PFD when it is worn.|
|Design Flotation:||15.5 lbs.|
|Entry System:||Adjustable waist belt with side-release buckle|