- The MC5 hyper-balanced Diaphragm Actuated 1st stage regulator has a lightweight body covered by a protective techno-polymer elastomer shell. The regulator is equipped with three low pressure and one high pressure port. Internally the 1st stage is coated with an anti-friction anti-corrosion material that reduces resistance and allows the critical components to move freely. This makes the components perform and last longer between annual servicing and increases performance.
Research on internal air passages led to incorporating a special assist chamber that lower’s the drop of intermediate pressure upon inhalation and has keeps this drop at a minimum, guaranteeing higher performance in any situation. Hyper-balancing allows for an increase of the intermediate pressure at maximum depths and when experiencing low pressure in the Scuba cylinder, offering higher performance at maximum depths and during the ascent phase of the dive.
The all chrome plated marine brass first stage regulator is a balanced diaphragm design which is environmentally sealed. The diaphragm membrane transmits the pressure changes to the internal mechanism eliminating the need for the surrounding water to enter the intricate mechanism. The benefit of this type of first stage design is that none of the internal parts are exposed to contaminants such as salt, sand, chlorine or pool acids. These environmental contaminants cause corrosion and mineral deposits to form on the internal mechanism deteriorating regulator performance.
The XS Compact Second-Stage housing is made of durable non-corrosive hi-tech polymers and has a dependable downstream demand valve mechanism. The flow of air is channeled to the mouthpiece by injection, creating a venturi effect enhancing the performance. The 2nd stage comes with a flow deviator that acts on the Venturi effect, with dive/pre-dive adjustment function. Large soft purge cover allows easy clearing of 2’nd stage and a comfortable silicone mouthpiece. The XS Compact MC5 Regulator is lightweight weighing 26.5 oz (750 g) without the hose. The XS Compact MC5 Regulator comes with an owner’s manual.
- Total Weight: 24.2 oz. (686 g)
- Lightweight Regulator Great for Traveling Divers
- 1’st Stage: Cressi MC5
- The MC5 First Sage Hyper-Balanced Diaphragm
- 1 High Pressure and 3 Low Pressure Ports
- Techno-Polymer Shell Protect Body
- Lightweight and Compact Body 19.4 oz. (550 g)
- Self-Lubricating Internal Coating
- Anti-Pressure Drop Pneumatics
- Great Travel Regulator
- 2’nd Stage: Cressi XS Compact
- Reliable Downstream Demand Valve
- Large Soft Purge Cover
- Comfortable Mouthpiece
- 3/8″ Thread Hose
- Lightweight and Compact 4.75 oz. (135 g)
- Owner’s Manual