The PADI Boat Maintenance course is designed for recreational divers who wish to safely and efficiently maintain their boats in the water. It is not designed as a substitute for commercial diving school. It covers subjects such as Boat Terminology, Equipment and Tools required, Safety Procedures & Equipment, Operating in Overhead Environments, Working in Hazardous Conditions and Environmental Issues. The course has been vetted and approved by PADI. Those who complete it will receive a certification in â€œIn-Water Boat Maintenance â€“ non-commercial.â€
- Complete a PADI Course Manual & Quiz
- Two to Three Hour Classroom Session (depends on your number of questions)
- Four Hours of on-site / in-water training. (This may be conducted on your own boat, a friend or family members boat or by special waiver working with the Instructor for 4-hours on-site with KB Diver Services Inc.
- C-Card Processing
- For Certified Divers who hold an advanced rating or higher from a recognized training agency.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have DAN or other similar dive insurance
- Must sign both the PADI and KB Diver Services Inc. Waiver and Release of Liability
- Divers in this course are expected to provide all basic diving equipment (Mask, Fins, Snorkel, Boots, Gloves, Hood, Wetsuit, BCD, Regulators, Octo, Gauges and/or computer, Tank & Weights)
- Divers may rent this equipment from us if they do not have it. Standard equipment rental rates apply.
- We will provide all tools of the trade (Scrapers, pads, Brushes , suction tools, etc,)
- For safety reasons the in-water portion of the class is limited to two divers at a time and if conditions are poor â€“ one at a time at the discretion of the Instructor.
- This course is available by request. Please call 443-730-0300 or email email@example.com for more information.